Tuesday 13 September 2011

#8- Mama said there'd be days like this...

Ah, how one's world can be turned upside down! We didn't have any expectations really of what it would be like transitioning from 1 child to 2. People told us it is the hardest and after that, they just roll on in:) but we were both thinking, I suppose, "how hard can it be?"


The magical moments of the first 24 hours still tried to hold on as Isaac soon realized that Rosalie was here to STAY, and despite her best intentions, he was not impressed.
I suddenly became a very important person to him that he had to have all to himself IMMEDIATELY (especially while feeding the gal) which was a somewhat flattering transition from him being so obsessed with his dad over the past few months:)


Things are getting better, in some ways! We are adjusting, we are tired, but we are new parents! No surprise there. Difficult for me will be to just sit down and relax or sleep when both kiddies are in Zzz land. I'm one of those annoying people who can't truly relax when the house looks like a hurricane hit, and once I get started, even if its innocent like putting the dishes away, I can't stop! My goal this week is to make it okay for me to ignore it all and try and remember what it is exactly I find truly restful!
It seems that children just KNOW when to put up big fits, Eric is now back to work and I have had incredible help from friends and family for the first few shifts, and always on call! But I decided to 'man' it out last night and see what happened. The house is still standing and both babes are still breathing. I'll just leave it at that:)
So it's going to be a challenge, but hey, I'm young and up for challenges, and Eric and I make a darn good team, I'm truly lucky to have such a great guy who is willing to put so much help into it. I know it's not easy on him, but he doesn't complain too much!


Rosalie had a midwife appointment today and she is a lovely 8.8oz and lookin' good! She'll be two weeks old on Friday! We are really enjoying getting to know her and excited to see her personality emerge.
Isaac has been getting LOTS of attention from dad, and mom when she can, if he thought about it, more than he did BEFORE Rosalie was born! 
Though all this busy-ness doesn't leave much room for anything else right now, at the end of the day I feel awfully secure in my little house with my little family, knowing that the future is bright and we're all snug in God's hand.
As long as we can keep these things in perspective, everything is bearable!


Obviously I won't be posting as much, but I'll try to keep adding pictures and little updates here and there. I don't always post in on facebook when I've updated my blog, so keep checking in!



No comments:

Post a Comment