Wednesday 24 August 2011

#6- Harvest Time

...I just want to say that there is currently a squirrel lying on a branch about to pounce watching me through the window. It's really creeping me out. Since I've moved to London, I don't like squirrels anymore. Now that it saw me watching it ran away. Friggin squirrel. 


Still waiting for Baby #2! don't really have anything to go by as Isaac was born right on his due date, so could be later, could be earlier, could be Monday! whooo knows. Eric and I aren't sleeping well though, he keeps thinking I"m going to wake him up to tell him I'm in labour and I keep thinking I AM in labour but really it was just those way-too-many chips last night...haha:)


Harvest time! We finally had a chance to go out blueberry picking, dear Fynn has returned from his honeymoon and joined us for the event just like old times. We also stopped by the 'world's best sweet corn' stand and I bought ten. BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT 12. don't mess with me.
And it truly was delicious! Isaac and I spent the afternoon husking, washing, boiling, bagging, freezing our produce. He was in absolute la la land at the blueberry place, stuffing his face with all the little delicacies off the bush (and on the ground, oh joys!)


I love this time of year, soon apples will be ready and we will traipse off to bring in that harvest!
I love how God designed food, so many ways, so many colours, so strange! So good! From fruit to vegetable, each has its own incredible way of growing from its seed. The incredible miracles of how food alone grows and what we can do with it is a marvel to me, it all just bursts with the awesomeness and the creativity of God! 

Happy harvesting for anyone who has/will be! The tomatoes in our backyard or starting to redden. Thank the LORD for your food today! And take a minute to appreciate how he created it:)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post...and you~ and of course; the cutest Buckley boy EVERRRRRRRRR!!! xoxox ~ granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: could you make the FONT size bigger in your blog...for Granny's sake??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW!
    That photo of Isaac reaching for the blueberry personifies him, I think. I mean, if we were to be personified, which he can't really be, since he IS a person.
    hmm......

    love
    auntie katrina

    ReplyDelete