Thursday 5 January 2012

#25- 4 and 20

3 months and 3 weeks ago, I sat at this computer tearfully succumbing to google search to find answers on how to cope with bringing reconciliation between a 1 week old baby and her 17 month old brother, as the elder screamed bloody murder in his crib while the younger whimpered in my arms after being hit yet again by big bro.
I was not anticipating such a difficult transition, but as my aunt has said (who also had babies very close in age as I did) "there were times when all 3 of us just sat there crying. It's hard, but it's rewarding! They'll be best friends."
So true. On December 28th Isaac turned 20 months and on January 2nd Rosie turned 4 months old! My children are so precious:) I can't post the video on here but over the past 4 months they have grown very well accustomed to eachother, I came in the room once and Isaac was laying next to Rosie on the couch reading a book with her, their heads touching and him making up some words.
Never thought I'd see the day. Now Rosie is just as much a part of the household to Isaac as mama and daddy. He tries to play with her, gives her toys, gently trying to put them in her hand, strokes her head, gives her kisses, sings her name, and after I had put her down for a nap today I found Isaac leaving her room and was about to get upset at him for going in, but when I went to check on her, she was still fast asleep and Isaac had tucked a blanket in next to her.
Oh Joys:) Isaac has totally mellowed out and is way more relaxed and back to his old self. Rosie's personality  is emerging beautifully and she is such a sweet calm little girl who never with holds a smile.
Both of them haven't been feeling the best the last couple days, mostly just the sniffles and Isaac has developed a cough. However I did try to snap a few cute photos of them at this age. I couldn't get Isaac to smile much as he wasn't feeling well and had boogers everywhere, but here they are!
 
 
 

 

 




2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    I'm also amazed and relieved at how Isaac now is the 'big loving protective brother'. :)

    ReplyDelete