Thursday 18 September 2014

Guess where we went?!

Our annual trip with the Rathwell family brought us to Ripley's Aquarium this year! Walking through a tunnel with fish everywhere you look has been on my bucket list since my pen-pal wrote to me about her experience when we were 8 years old. Dreams do come true!

Lunch at the mechanics!
Despite being delayed by a flat tire on the highway, and no jack which led us to calling a tow truck which led us to then driving to a mechanic to put on a new tire, only putting us an hour and a half or so behind, we had a fabulous time!
AND our dear old friend from our teen years, Pete, was able to join us!! It was so good to see him and catch up as much as we could despite mostly being pulled in three different directions at all times. (Sisters; Pete is a FANTASTIC third set of eyes, seriously; better than Eric and I put together, if you ever go sight-seeing in Toronto, look him up)

Also, needless to say, the kids favourite parts seemed to be the things that DON'T belong in the ocean; like the diver (Oliver was stone-still when the diver showed up, absolutely no facial expressions whatsoever, Isaac and Rosalie thought he was the best) the kids play center with a slide and submarine, and the moving elevator. Maybe everything seemed too surreal to take seriously.
I loved it. However for the price, I would probably go to the zoo next time to make a whole day of it with kids, and go to the aquarium on a nice date with Eric to actually sit and enjoy the calming waters and fishies. (or take a small baby, not 3 little walking kids who don't appreciate glowing jelly fish for more than 2 minutes)








Amazing, amazing creatures!
This guy was just hanging out on the very top of the tunnel, I put the picture sideways to show how scary looking he is! I don't think hollywood has ever had an original thought.









1 comment:

  1. SO cool!!! Been on my Bucket-List, too!!
    If Dad and I go; will Pete come and keep track of me? I tend to be easily lost and distracted :D

    ReplyDelete