Monday 8 July 2013

#83- Little moments like this

We'd had a particularly rocky week with me losing my cool a lot more often than I care to admit and quite a few bedtime battles. But tonight I had made an extra effort to be kind, calm, and quiet for the bedtime routine. I only had to go back in the room once after I put them down.

After drinking half the tub of water that night at bath-time, Isaac wet the bed a few hours after he fell asleep.
I had gone in to put a blanket on Rosalie, and Isaac, barely conscious, mumbled he needed new PJ's.

I pulled off his sheet and bottoms and helped him stand up to put new ones on, all in the quiet, dim room he wrapped his arms around my neck and said in a sleepy, sincere whisper "I love you, mama."

After all the glares and yelling and defiance and frustration and tiredness and lost cool.... we all sleep better knowing this at the end of the day. 

Especially me.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Ezra at breakfast this morning 'I luf Papa!'
    Me ' Do you love Mama?'
    Ezra, calmly, 'No.'

    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the reward of always being his mama... no matter what... love wins <3 (even if they deny it ;) )

    ReplyDelete