Friday 25 November 2011

#17- November summary

On the 23rd Eric and I celebrated our "2 1/2 year" Anniversary:)  
We even grabbed a friend of ours to come babysit (thanks Kyle!) and went out for fish n chips (thanks groupon!) And Eric bought me some yummy lindt dark chocolate (thanks ERIC!!!)
I don't know if people are supposed to celebrate their 1/2 year anniversaries, but we sure do!:) Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. We were too busy having fun. Some memories are just as delightful in the heart as on camera.
In other news:
-Isaac & Rosie had their 2 and 18 month immunizations done (yuck.) A decision we weighed carefully, but it is still unfortunate that such things must be done. Both however are fine now and Isaac does not need to have more for quite awhile. Rosie barely noticed! But Isaac could not be calmed even with a COOKIE!-They both are also doing very well in health; Rosie weighed over 12 lbs and Isaac a surprising 28lbs (where does he put all that food he eats?!) He is excelling in all his other skills too, impressive for a boy I've heard, as he is doing very well in both motor and vocal skills. He's a smarty!:)
-Rosie is such a little smiler:) Even when she is not feeling well, she will sport a smile without much effort on our part! She has also started laughing which is TOO adorable. Her newest trick is grabbing a toy dangling above her and pulling it to her mouth, also she is getting quite the momentum when she is on her back to roll to her side, I don't think it will be long till she catches up with her big cousin Josiah and roll over!
We've recently interviewed a couple of teenage girls from the neighbourhood to be on hand for the odd babysitting, it has been difficult for Eric and I to get out on dates as most of our friends are currently pretty busy with school work and other commitments, though they are so helpful when they can! The girls both seem very sweet, I get good vibes from them and I look forward to getting to know them, even if it is the odd night twice a month! It's strange to be the interviewer as for so many years I was the interview-ee! (yes I know.)
Speaking of neighbourhood, if you're in the praying business, pray for safety for our home, and our neighbours! There has been a number of break-ins on our street (our car has been rummaged through a number of times) as well as car accidents on the main st. and not far from us there was a shooting recently. Also we live close to a bar that happens to have a history of violence.
Though our neighbours are all lovely people -and we really do have a lovely location- we are still in the city and there are still people up to no good, I am not overly fearful, but prayer for protection is always appreciated!
We're holding off setting up the Christmas tree till there has been a darn good snowfall or the next time we actually have a night together as a family!:)
As much as today was so warm and lovely, I am ready for winter and SNOW! Yes I am.
(plus I can't wait to go sledding with Isaac for the first time that he'll actually enjoy it, and I'll be able to because I wont' be preggers!!)
We've been seeing lots of my cousin, Adam lately as well which has been heartwarming to finally have some cousins back in my regular routine:) He is going to school here and since we live so close will often park in our extra lane and walk, and of course, drop in to say hi!
Also my parents came and mom did a wonderful photo shoot of our family since Rosie has arrived, beautiful day for it and lots of great photos to decorate my walls with! Thanks mom! And dad! 
November has been summarized!
Thanks Aunt Katrina for the BLUE! Sweater and headband!!:)


Isaac practicing his fine motor skills, spinning tops!


Kids from our 'hood

Adam!

Family photo


1 comment:

  1. aww. ya'll are the cutest! but what GIVES with your sketchy neighborhood? thats crazy! I'm glad you have a good support network around. I'm in the process of looking up bb/s for e. as well...hoping to find some at church but no leads so far.
    (my personal standards are so high, don't you know.)

    oh, rosie looks SO MUCH like you! but she also reminds me of ezzy abit. that 'gaped-mouth' look. the blue sweater was suppose to be more like a sweater-dress - TO BAD I GOT IT DONE SO LATE! haha.

    love
    aunt katrina

    ReplyDelete